Monday, August 15, 2022

MY TEENAGE TRIFECTA

there are many many things out there that come in a sensational set of 3's
fer instance...those 3 bold and brassy ladies who belted out the beats from Detroit, MI dominate'n the airwaves in the 1960's
then there were those 3 charismatic waitresses from Phoenix, AZ who popularized the work'n class woman of the 1970's with alotta class serve'n alotta hash
and of course no cinematic trilogy would ever have existed today if it wasn't fer the genius mind of George Lucas's original teeny tiny lil space opera in the 1980's
hell...i've even competed in the ménage a trois' olympics in the late 1990's...that may or may not have spilled into the new millennium 
BUTT...that's another story!

my very 1st cassette that i ever got my hands on was thanx to my uncle
who gave me $10 to get the 2nd CULTURE CLUB release of "COLOR BY NUMBERS" at our local Pamida store in 1983 instantly fall'n in love with his look and his voice (adopt'n both thru out my tumultuous teenrager years and beyond) which has been well documented on here in regards to all my experiences of meet'n/runn'n into BOY GEORGE and /or the band on many different occasions start'n in '92/'95/'98/'02/'15/'16 ever since i first pressed play on my mini black JVC cassette player..."IT'S A MIRACLE" my sibs didn't destroy the tape as much as i played it...they were just "VICTIMS" of my circumstance

it would be a few months of collect'n shasta and pabst blue ribbon cans
that decorated the streets of Winona doin my part to save the environment before it was hip when i would finally possess CYNDI LAUPER's infectious candy pop cassette of "SHE SO UNUSUAL" also in 1983 that i played "TIME AFTER TIME" relentlessly "ALL THRU THE NIGHT" on repeat fer months on end til i ended up meet'n her outside of First Avenue durin' her "HATS FULL OF STARS" tour with my good friend FAEDRE in 1993

by 1984 i had cashed in my 2nd paycheck from deliver'n the Winona 
Shopper and marinated my wrists in black  jelly bracelets...drown'n my neck in rosary beads all while belt'n out every song off MADONNA's "LIKE A VIRGIN" masterpiece fer the very first time in front of my broken bedroom full length mirror "OVER AND OVER" at the top of my cat kill'n lungs use'n my sisters hair brush as my microphone...she could "DRESS YOU UP" or dress you down with just the sound of her vixenous voice like nobody's business when you pressed play

well after 38 long ass years my teenraged trifecta would come into fruition
when i was hand plucked outta millions of entries no doubt by one JOHANN (who i sincerely wanna thank from the bottomless pit of my fuck'n soul don't'cha know) after personally choose'n me as a winner in the MADONNA DISCOASIS roller disco party...
in celebration of the QUEEN's 50 #1's singles revisited and remixed fer the dance floor fer my metamucil generation and many new generations beyond to enjoy

though some very tough decisions had to be made on such short notice
i'm "SORRY" i had to make them however i scrambled to "GET TOGETHER" everything i needed since i hadda be in Central Park in 3 days in order to get "INTO THE GROOVE" so i "HUNG UP" the phone and dashed my plump A double snakes to the airport then off to NY

once the plane landed at 1am after an hour on the tarmac i hadda "JUMP"
into a cab totally hopped up on adrenaline and me and my friend Lisa started the "CELEBRATION" off right with a couple of exotic "EROTICA" infused cocktails fer our mini "HOLIDAY" before we hit the hay with a "BEDTIME STORY" to boot

after a whirlwind walkathon the follow’n morn’n thru-out the high points
of central park we both felt like a "GIRL GONE WILD" reek'n havoc on our lower joints in the West Village and as the sun began to set we scurried off to our hotel since "NOTHING REALLY MATTERS" at that point except make'n it to the party on time therefore off we went like a "RAY OF LIGHT" to glam up fer the even'ns festivities and i literally felt "LIKE A VIRGIN" though i wasn't touched fer the very first time

i was almost 2 hours into slapp'n my mug to "KEEP IT TOGETHER"
when all of a sudden i felt a burn'n sensation in my right eye and no it wasn't monkey pox! apparently finger nail glue is not water soluble so i practically needed the jaws of life to separate my lids and in the process after frantically drown'n my eye in cool water fer 15 minutes "DON'T TELL ME" that half of my mug was now fuck'n washed down the drain!!!

though i could'a used some "AMERICAN PIE" cuz i was hungry as fuck
i calmed my plump A double snakes down and softly recited "DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA" while a lonely tear drop had laid upon my lower lid as i tried to hunt fer a quick solution though "I DON"T SEARCH I FIND" a way to correct my pickled predicament i was now in so i took a breather and reapplied my right eye in "4 MINUTES" now i know "WHAT IT FEELS LIKE FOR A GIRL" on her wedd'n day when one thing goes ape-shit wrong

after we were both whisked briskly thru the VIP entrance of course
what i would absofuckinlutely "CRAVE" was ultimately come'n full circle in the order it began over 30 years earlier and now it was just "ME AGAINST THE MUSIC" feel'n like the biggest "MATERIAL GIRL" on a budget that nite

i completely felt like a "BEAUTIFUL STRANGER" in "HOLLYWOOD"
the infectious "MUSIC" and colorful crowd had me immediately time warped back to 1984 as my 14 year old teenrager sing'n at the top of my lungs (off key of course) in front of my full length broken mirror with my sisters hair brush as my mic and not a care in the world

it was "LIKE A PRAYER" from that delusional entity in the sky when the 
QUEEN appeared from the crowd with her friend/producer/party host NILE ROGERS gett'n "EVERYBODY" in the crowd pumped up to roller skate and "VOGUE" the nite away and as much as i wanted desperately to "JUSTIFY MY LOVE" around the rink i think i made the better choice to soak it all in from the side lines

as the party and the crowd got "DEEPER AND DEEPER" into the nite
i felt a "FEVER" fer a "FROZEN" daiquiri but i just told the hot bartender to "GIVE IT 2 ME" whatever he had so i settled on a few "material gworlllllll" and "the queen spritzer" cocktails compliments of Belvedere vodka and Perrier and by then the "PHYSICAL ATTRACTION" to the crowd rose to a "LOVE PROFUSION" level that would turn any "GHOSTTOWN" into an "IMPRESSIVE INSTANT"

as the skaters skated around to a pumped up "BITCH I'M MADONNA"
i wanted to tell the dj to "OPEN YOUR HEART" and "GIVE ME ALL YER LUVIN" and "TURN UP THE RADIO" however i refrained from gett'n kicked outta the party so i could "DIE ANOTHER DAY" since i was finally live'n my true "AMERICAN LIFE"

as nite turned into day i thought i was gonna loose my marbles again
"I RISE" about 2 hours later and felt like i had woke up in "MEDELLIN" and that this was all just a dream though luckily this dream came true and i was "LIVING FOR LOVE

in close'n happy 64th to the original fuck'n  "MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLL
even though we never technically exchanged words that nite…my 14 yr old self was completely honored just to marinate in yer prestigious presence and given the chance to complete my cassette dream trilogy so remember kittens…the "SECRET" to a happy life is to "EXPRESS YOURSELF" and "NOTHING FAILS" if you just believe in you!
oh yea and buy M's new record "FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE" celebrate'n her 50 #1's remixed and revisited (she's a work'n mother with kids to feed so i think you can forgo that mocha frappe latte chino with a cherry and chocolate sprinkles or what ever sorta shit you put on top fer the week and order yerself a piece of this genius musical history)
now GET OFF MY DRESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment