Monday, October 22, 2012

welcome to the Wonder Room

kittens…it’s only weeks now til the nite of all evil is upon us

today we’re talk’n with the one and only…and personal artist to the “stars”…and by stars i mean this unintentionally internationally unknown perform’n illusionist of her own universe…Tony Larson
who took time outta his busy schedule to have a lil pillow pow wow with yers truly

so Tony…I’ve known you fer years…almost too damn long sometimes when I think about it…didn’t we meet at some downtown club…i think I was doin’ crack on the dance floor…oh CHER no…i mean show’n kittens…SHOW’N crack on the dance floor…and you were a spinn’n sensation at the place called the GAY 90’s wasn’t it?...can ya tell my kittens out there what this dj thing is all about since some of them may not be aware that it even exists?

I always loved collecting records. My first was the Electric Moog Ochestra version of the Star Wars soundtrack
I got for my fifth birthday right after seeing the movie.

Then In 3rd grade I brought my Kiss and Pat Benatar records
to school for show-and-tell

The teacher let me play a few songs for the class…my very first DJ gig…Miss Floody was a really fun teacher. Then in my teens I discovered the awesome record shops and underground dance music events happening in Minneapolis.
I was hooked on the electronic dance sounds and took the next step to mixing my own sounds, working my way up playing early evening cameos and late night slots at various clubs and after hours events throughout the Metro area 
so that's how the name DJ Etones was born. You can still catch me spinning sets around the Cities so stay tuned.

yer such a multi entity of untouched talent that needs to just jihad yer artistry in everything possible through-out the world

i’ve worked with you on many projects like starr'n in yer critically unacclaimed masterpiece "Mommie Queerest" that debuted at “April Showers Bring BITCH FLOWERS”…as the subject of intrigue and fantastic desperation in  “KRYSTAL KLEER: Behind the Beauty” and as the bored housewife for the fabulous beverage enhancer “DOOSH-A-WAY”...i swear…yer like the Alfred Hitchcock of the minne-apple…can ya tell me Tony…what gives you the drive to have such a fantastic imagination come to life?...and also how it all began?

Thanks Krystal! I fell in love with movies at a young age and being particularly blown away by fantasy films 
like Star Wars and The Wizard of OZ.

After seeing a documentary about the Special FX of Star Wars I had early dreams of doing my own FX and movie magic.

I grew up in the Northern MN town of International Falls, 
home of Tammy Faye Bakker of PTL fame.

I passed the long winters shooting my own short videos directing family members and neighborhood kids in various horror, comedy spoofs and music videos.

During high school I studied photography, film and video as a hobby. Then after taking a break to do my dj endeavers I returned to my love of film and attended the Cinema program at MCTC in Minneapolis. Since then I’ve had the pleasure to be working with some great local talents on some fun and creative projects.

recently we’ve collaborated again graphically on a very special event called “M” come’n soon to a CAMP near you…what was it like fer you artistically to work with such an unintentionally internationally unknown perform’n illusionist of her own universe
on such a grand event that's been 25 years in the make’n?

Working on the M event has been a fun trip down memory lane
taking me back to the Summer before 10th grade when I was lucky enough to see Madonna play St. Paul during the ‘Who’s That Girl Tour’… 
my very first concert EVER! It’s been really fun to revisit all my favorite Madonna songs, looks and videos through the years. Check out my video commercial for the event here.

and now it comes to my attention that you’ve partnered up with the popular informational highway site called ETSY.com…which sells artsy crap from a bunch of nobody’s to a bunch of nobody's
and Rosie O’Donnell...thru-out the world

i’ve been privileged enough to see these gorgeous glass globes of amaze’n artistry up close and personal... i’m sure ya started it cuz rent was due…but besides that…can you tell me what inspired these magical mini worlds to come to life?
I had been experimenting with creating various miniature landscapes for FX shots on a few film projects while I was in school. I started the Wonder Room as a way to take my mini worlds to a platform that can be enjoyed by everyone. My main inspiration comes from films, story books, found objects and suggestions from friends and  customers.

what are some of yer more popular requests?...and have you had any issues with the “dead beat dads or moms” out there? (hey my line of question’n does not discriminate…i’m no fan of cheap f*ckers…and they come in all shapes and sizes…creeds and colors…with or without plumm’n)
Yoda and Star Wars are the most popular requests. 

One of the coolest requests I have gotten so far is for a Vampire bat. The customer wanted me to do whatever I wanted so I decided to make a scary cave to house the bat. 
It’s been very fun making it and can’t wait to get it shipped off so they can enjoy it for Halloween.

Thankfully all of my experiences with the Etsy community 
so far have been great and I can’t wait to get started on pieces for my Winter line

well…that is just complete gravey train Tony…looks like you pounce on anything artistically creative fer a pretty penny and worth every penny i might add…thanx fer take’n time outta yer backed-up orders to chat with me…i’m glad everything seems to be work’n out and i wish you much continued success with ALL of yer future creative endeavors…if you’d like to see more of Tony’s creations and perhaps purchase a one of a kind keepsake…fer christ sake…pop on over to THE WONDER ROOM…tell Tony i sent ya…he won’t give any sorta discount that i’m aware of…just tell'm i said hi

now comes my fav-o-rit part of the interview…where you Tony…get to put me under the heat lamp and cook my brain fer a change…so ask me ANYTHING you’ve always wanted to know about yer fav-o-rit unintentionally internationally unknown perform’n illusionist of her own universe…under the rainbow…well except about rainbows…that’s just fuck’n pointless…we all know what they are

Since it’s the Halloween season… besides Carrie, which I know you LOVE. What are some of your other favorite horror movies you would recommend to scare the pants off your readers?
Elizabeth Berkley in SHOWGIRLS...it was the most horrific and gruel'n performance ever by a saved by the bell alumni...
she made Freddy Krueger look like a fruitcake with a bad attitude 

so until next time kittens...get off my dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment